The Hatcher Group is looking for an Accounting Manager to support a 30-person communications consulting firm. The ideal candidate will be responsible, organized, attentive to detail, and able to work independently with limited supervision. The candidate should also be a self-starter and team player with a strong work ethic and good people skills, able to work with a variety of staff and clients. The position is full-time.
- Accounts payable, general ledger/journal entries
- Monthly client invoicing
- Expense and credit card reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation
- Monthly income statement and balance sheet review
- Bi-weekly payroll and quarterly 401k administration
- Review and reconcile books
- SharePoint administration and contract management
- Assist in annual insurance renewal process
- Make sure outside accounting firm receives information for tax preparation
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Must have QuickBooks experience
- Must have Microsoft Office skills (SharePoint experience preferred)
- Payroll and HR experience a plus
- Ability to organize and manage data
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively while completing multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree, business/accounting preferred, but relevant experience an acceptable alternative. CPA not required.
About The Hatcher Group
The Hatcher Group is a full-service communications and public affairs firm dedicated to inspiring social change for good. We develop communications strategies that spur people to action and improve people’s lives. We are located in Bethesda, Maryland.
How to Apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.