Communications Intern (Annapolis)
The Hatcher Group is seeking a college senior or graduate student for a paid part-time internship in its Annapolis office. The internship begins in fall 2017 and would last through April 2018. The position would involve work during the 2018 Maryland General Assembly session.
Candidates must have outstanding writing, editing, media and social media skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and web research. Candidates should also be:
- highly organized, detail oriented and passionate about progressive policy issues;
- a self-starter and team player with good people skills and a strong work ethic; and
- able to work on a schedule to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
The intern will work with us on a variety of client projects and issue-based campaigns. Responsibilities will include
- policy and research
- new media outreach
- database creation
- meeting and event planning
- media list development
- website updating
- preparation of reports and media briefing packets
- contacting reporters and advocates and
- some administrative duties.
About The Hatcher Group:
The Hatcher Group is a full-service public affairs and communications firm dedicated to inspiring social change for good. We develop effective communications strategies that spur people to action. Our clients include major national foundations, nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations. We work proudly with them to build healthy, sustainable communities, support working families, improve education, promote clean energy and advance social justice.
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com