Ensuring a healthy, safe environment for families and communities
No community should have to suffer from pollution – whether from industrial contaminants, polluted storm-water runoff or agricultural waste. We shouldn’t have to wonder if our food is safe or if our children are being harmed by toxic chemicals. Consider:
- The EPA lists 42,368 waterways across the country as “impaired.”
- Nearly 138.5 million people live where the air is often dangerous.
- Children spend half as much time outdoors today as they did 20 years ago.
- Only 13 percent of U.S. electricity comes from renewable energy sources.
- A third of members of Congress deny climate change, even though 97 percent of scientists agree it is real and caused by humans.
- Families should have access to trash-free, open spaces and outdoor recreation in safe, sustainable communities. Safe drinking water, clean air and a healthy indoor and outdoor environment are essential for all Americans – and for a strong economy.
The Hatcher Group is committed to ensuring all Americans live, work and play in clean and healthy environments. Our experts help organizations bring their message to the media, the public and policymakers to enact positive change. Together, we are working to reduce air and water pollution, ensure environmental justice, prevent harm from toxic chemicals, fight climate change, increase renewable energy opportunities and conserve our natural environment.