The Hatcher Group seeks to hire a talented and experienced editor to join our team and advance the quality of communications and marketing products. This position is critical for maintaining the firm’s quality control and assurance standards. The role is ideal for the seasoned editor who can work with tight deadlines across multiple projects, and wants to be part of a talented, committed, and collaborative organization. This person will work closely with project managers and the design, digital and video teams on client deliverables, as well as support internal projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide editorial direction to writers (in concert with project directors/managers) at the outset of writing assignments
- Contribute to the development and review of client and firm content
- Edit and proofread client and firm copy for adherence to the requirements and to reflect subsequent discussions with project managers and writers
- Promote and update Hatcher editorial policies, quality control standards and processes, and ensure adherence to them across the firm
- Contribute to internal content development, including project summaries, website copy, marketing products, proposals, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience with the different types of marketing and communications products, including strategic plans, annual reports, press releases, blog posts, social media posts, and scripts
- Knowledge of AP Style conventions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Success managing numerous, diverse and often complex editorial projects simultaneously
About The Hatcher Group
The Hatcher Group is a full-service communications and marketing firm, powered by purpose. We are hard-working and visionary strategists with big hearts who delight in the power of communications and good ideas. Our award-winning team includes persuasive storytellers, digital media mavens, savvy public relations pros, accomplished multimedia designers, creative visual artists, unflappable event planners, and compassionate policy advocates.
Our proud commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace not only drives our organizational culture, but it’s also the special sauce that allows us to deliver exceptional work.
The Hatcher Group is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Baltimore and Annapolis.
The Hatcher Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.