Before coming to the United States, Khanh studied international relations and worked as a public relations professional and a marketing assistant in Vietnam. She graduated summa cum laude from George Mason University in 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in communication with a concentration in public relations and a minor in graphic design.
Khanh worked as a graphic designer at the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), a national education nonprofit, prior to joining The Hatcher Group. In addition to designing books, brochures, ads and other print materials, she was also the lead designer of the ASCD website, its online store, and the user interfaces of ASCD’s applications like PD in Focus and ASCD Activate.
Khanh is actively involved in the design community. She has volunteered at AIGA National Design Conference, D.C. Design Week, and AIGA D.C.’s CreateAthon for several years.
PASSIONS THAT BENEFIT MY CLIENTS
- Curiosity—I like to learn about a lot of things whether they are professional or trivial.
- Design—I strive to create beautiful works that leave positive impacts on people’s lives and visually communicate to targeted audience in an effective way. I also love attending design events and reading design books.
- Reading—I try to read as much as I can. I am a collector of well-designed books and an avid reader of long-form journalism.
- Museums—My natural habitat, especially art museums. On a nice weekend, you may find me hopping from one museum to another in D.C. or lying in the Kogod courtyard reading a book.
- Empathy—We all benefit from having compassion and kindness.