Reece Quiñones, is an award-winning creative director with more than 20 years of experience managing the creative process from conception to delivery, including product development, publishing, user-experience design, marketing communications, production, and digital (app/web) processes. At The Hatcher Group, Reece manages the creative team and applies strategic thinking that brings value to the overall business goals through a steadfast commitment to success. By leveraging her passion for learning and capacity for technology, she brings a deep understanding of integrated campaigns across all channels.
Prior to The Hatcher Group, Reece worked at ASCD for more than 15 years creating programs, products, and services that support educators worldwide, and was awarded several top industry awards for design excellence. With multidisciplinary nonprofit and for-profit industry expertise, she applies innovative thinking to all client work and critical thinking to internal creative functions.
Reece studied art at the University of Maryland, where she earned her bachelor’s degree and has an M.F.A. in Integrated Design from the University of Baltimore. She has taught undergraduate and graduate graphic design courses at George Mason University since 2008. Reece also mentors graphic design students and is a long-standing member of the AIGA Design Continuum Fund, a merit-based scholarship developed for minority and economically disadvantaged students studying art and design in colleges and universities in the Washington, D.C. region. Reece lives in Silver Spring, Md., and on weekends, you will find her volunteering, learning something new, or getting lost in a good book.
PASSIONS THAT BENEFIT MY CLIENTS
- Design—Combining words, art, and technology to transform communication problems into visual solutions.
- Teaching—Helping the next generation of graphic designers learn how to develop creative solutions, build strong teams, and innovate new products. (Plus, teaching and mentoring are the best and most effective ways to change the world.)
- Learning—Continuously questioning and learning to ensure that imagination and growth become a habit.
- Giving Back—Volunteering and giving back to the community through different programs and projects.
- Words to Live By—My favorite is, “Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone.” — Suzy Kassem