Vice President, Finance and Operations
The Hatcher Group is seeking a vice president to lead its finance and operations team. This role will serve as a strategic financial partner for the firm’s owners, driving financial strategy and operational excellence. The ideal candidate will be able to provide oversight of the finance, contracts, talent and culture, and operations functions within the firm. In addition, they will build effective internal relationships to help develop sound pricing models, and manage the firm’s contracts in an effective and fully compliant manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and operations functions (accounting/finance, contracts, HR, IT and office operations).
- Engage and work collaboratively with firm leaders by providing an insightful financial perspective that support the decision-making process.
- Develop a pricing strategy to achieve revenue targets with appropriate profitability measures to achieve the company’s growth.
- Manage relationship with outside CPA firm and other financial institutions.
- Work with business development team on proposal and RFP evaluation process.
- Lead annual budget process and develop and maintain rolling monthly forecast.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and cash flow.
- Build relationships with key clients and offer guidance on complex budget management issues.
- Manage relationship with IT consultant, landlords, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Research and implement a contracts and finance module tool in Monday.com.
- Lead all infrastructure projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in accounting, finance and operations.
- CPA or MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience working with government contracts, Time and Materials and Firm Fixed Price contract terms and billing.
- Experience with GSA contracts a plus.
- Experience with monthly close processes and financial reporting.
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot table, complex formulas, Vlookup, and modeling)
- Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and change priorities quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
About The Hatcher Group
The Hatcher Group is a full-service communications and marketing firm, powered by purpose. We are hard-working and visionary strategists with big hearts who delight in the power of communications and good ideas. Our award-winning team includes persuasive storytellers, digital media mavens, savvy public relations pros, accomplished multimedia designers, creative visual artists, unflappable event planners, and compassionate policy advocates.
Our proud commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace not only drives our organizational culture, but it’s also the special sauce that allows us to deliver exceptional work.
Hatcher is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Baltimore and Annapolis. Hatcher is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.