CASE STUDY: Public Health
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Advocating for Affordable Care for All People Living with MS
Continually escalating drug prices have left vital medications out of reach for too many people living with Multiple Sclerosis. Since 2019, The Hatcher Group has partnered with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) to educate and engage stakeholders and influence federal policy so that all people living with MS can access the resources and treatments they need.
Design & Creative
Messaging & Branding
In support of the Society’s work advocating for affordable care, The Hatcher Group produced the “High Cost of MS” series. These profiles, documentary-style videos, and social media graphics told the stories of people who are living with MS and struggling with the high-cost of treatment. We worked closely with NMSS to identify subjects that spanned several key demographics, narrowing 578 possible people to 30, and conducted interviews with them. From those, we created a series of profiles and videos to help bring the experiences of people living with MS to life and encourage policymakers to take action on medication affordability. We captioned all of the pieces for accessibility and told the story of Rocio entirely in Spanish to help NMSS with multilingual outreach. We also created a full social media toolkit with accompanying graphics to leverage the stories and drive traffic to the Society’s website.
- Produced five short documentary style videos that bring to life the experiences of people living with MS and showed the challenges they face in getting access to affordable medication
- Captioned all videos for accessibility
- Produced one video, the story of Rocio, entirely in Spanish to help with multilingual outreach
- Created 15- to 60-second versions of the videos for use on social media
- Developed 23 profiles of individuals living with MS
- Developed 23 accompanying social media graphics for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, to promote the campaign and drive traffic to the Society’s website