The Hatcher Group Announces Rebrand, Industry Awards, and Celebrates 20 Years
New brand honors the firm’s reputation for excellence and solidifies standing as an industry leader
(Bethesda, MD) – The Hatcher Group, a full-service strategic communications and marketing firm, announced today the company’s rebranding in celebration of its 20th anniversary. With new ideas, fresh faces, and ever-evolving client needs, Hatcher’s updated visual identity reflects their mission to educate and motivate people – through powerful marketing and communications – to build movements and create a better world.
“Twenty years helping our clients drive change has inspired us to make a change of our own,” said Amy Buckley, partner at The Hatcher Group. “The firm has experienced incredible growth and change, and it was time to reflect that progress in our brand. Not just the visual identity seen from the outside, but an articulation of who we are and what we aspire to accomplish together. We are truly powered by purpose.”
Coinciding with the firm’s 20th anniversary and unveiling the new brand, Hatcher announced another round of industry awards. Hatcher won three platinum and four gold dotCOMM awards. The dotCOMM Awards is a highly competitive international competition honoring excellence in web creativity and digital communication. Applicant submissions are judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, one of the most respected creative work evaluators in the marketing and communication industry.
The Hatcher Group’s winning submissions include strategic communications, digital marketing, and social media campaigns. Campaigns for Maryland 529, Baltimore Votes Coalition, America’s Promise Alliance, 100,000 Opportunity Youth (now the Hire Opportunity Coalition), Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, and the Smart on Pesticides Coalition earned top awards. The winning projects include:
2020 dotCOMM Awards – Platinum
- Maryland 529, Integrated Marketing Campaign, Plan Enrollment
- America’s Promise Alliance, Social Media Campaign, Grad Nation
- Baltimore Votes Coalition, Digital Marketing and Communications Campaign, Baltimore Votes by Mail
2020 dotCOMM Awards – Gold
- 100,000 Opportunity Youth (100K), Digital Marketing and Communications Campaign, National Youth Hiring Day
- 100,000 Opportunity Youth (100K), Earned Media Campaign, National Youth Hiring Day
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, Social Media Campaign, Flavors Hook Kids
- Smart on Pesticides Coalition, Social Media Campaign, Ban Chlorpyrifos
2020 dotCOMM Awards – Honorable Mentions
- News Literacy Project, Social Media Campaign, Super Tuesday Misinformation
- National Assessment Governing Board, Social Media Campaign, NAEP Nation’s Report Card
- Partnership for Food Safety Education, Pro Bono, World Food Safety Day
- Baltimore Votes Coalition, Social Media Event Promotion, Party at the Mailbox
“Competing against over 6,000 entries from our peers around the world, we are proud to have been recognized for our innovative work with three platinum, four gold, and four honorable mentions from the dotCOMM Awards,” said Amy Fahnestock, partner at The Hatcher Group. “For 20 years, we have used powerful marketing and communications to educate and motivate people to build movements and create a better world. Being recognized as among the best in our industry for our web and digital campaigns in support of our mission-driven clients is a true honor.”
In addition to the dotCOMM awards, Hatcher’s digital and design teams have received 16 International MarCom awards and 11 Graphic Design USA awards in the last year alone for clients such as the Aspen Institute, National Assessment Governing Board, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, among others.
About The Hatcher Group
Powered by purpose, The Hatcher Group is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with offices in Baltimore and Annapolis. The Hatcher team includes visionary strategists with big hearts who delight in the power of communications and good ideas. Their award-winning team includes persuasive storytellers, digital media mavens, savvy public relations pros, accomplished multimedia designers, creative visual artists, clever event planners, and compassionate policy advocates.